oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: MITRE is adding data intake to its CVE ID process

From: P J P <ppandit () redhat com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 11:58:36 +0530 (IST)

+-- On Thu, 9 Feb 2017, cve-assign () mitre org wrote --+
| To more efficiently assign and publish CVE IDs and to enable
| automation and data sharing within CVE operations, MITRE is changing
| the way it accepts CVE ID requests on the oss-security mailing list.
| Starting today, please direct CVE ID requests to this web form
| <https://cveform.mitre.org/>. Through this form, you can request a new
| CVE ID, update a CVE ID that was already assigned, and submit
| questions or feedback to the CVE Team.
|
| We understand that oss-security is for vulnerabilities that should
| have immediate public disclosure. You can continue to send details to
| oss-security and propose that a CVE ID should exist. To actually
| obtain the CVE ID, please also visit the web form at
| <https://cveform.mitre.org/>.

Boy, a web form with captcha wouldn't be really efficient to obtain CVE-IDs.
Especially when there is huge influx of issues. It might help structure data
and automate, but for requesting CVEs, it's not really. :(

--
Prasad J Pandit / Red Hat Product Security Team
47AF CE69 3A90 54AA 9045 1053 DD13 3D32 FE5B 041F