oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE Request - Samsung Exynos GPU driver OOB read

From: Greg KH <greg () kroah com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 15:37:00 +0100

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 02:38:31PM +0800, Idler wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to request CVE for the following security issue:

Security bulletin: http://security.samsungmobile.com/smrupdate.html#SMR-JAN-2017

SVE-2016-6362: out of bound read in gpu driver

Severity: Low
Affected versions: M(6.0), N(7.0) devices with Exynos AP chipsets
Reported on: May 31, 2016
Disclosure status: Privately disclosed.
Vulnerability in gpu driver does not properly check the boundary of
buffers leading to a possible memory corruption.
The applied patch avoids an illegal access to memory by checking the boundary.

Source code:
Source code of the affected GPU drivers (as part of the Linux kernel
source) can be downloaded from Samsung Opensource Resource center:
http://opensource.samsung.com/

The particular model of phone we used to reproduce this issue is:
http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=SM-G9200

Any pointer to the commit(s) that happened to resolve this issue?

thanks,

greg k-h