oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: memory issues in libksba 1.3.4 and git

From: Solar Designer <solar () openwall com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 16:16:45 +0300

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 02:56:20PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 13:15, solar () openwall com said:
Werner, maybe you could try this old workaround for next time you post? -

  (setq mml-insert-mime-headers-always t)

Done.  Thanks for pointing me to this setting; for reference this is:

  If non-nil, always put Content-Type: text/plain at top of empty parts.
  It is necessary to work against a bug in certain clients.

Thanks.  This appears to have made no effect, and thus didn't work
around whatever ezmlm-idx bug(?) your messages are triggering here.
Your messages are missing the Content-Type header for MIME parts that
are not empty, so this does not literally fit the description above.

Anyway, it's not a topic for oss-security.  I am merely noting that this
is something I need to investigate and fix... eventually.

Alexander