oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: BitKeeper /tmp vulns

From: Larry McVoy <lm () mcvoy com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 12:40:50 -0700

In the past, at least, BitKeeper was run inside a firewall and in an
environment where users are trusted.  As such, I suspect that you have
just begun to scratch the surface, I wouldn't be at all surprised to
see dozens more like this.

We've never had anyone complain about this in a real world situation
so we've never focussed on it.  If you care about this stuff we'll
gladly take patches.