oss-sec mailing list archives

3 bugs refer to buffer overflow in in libtiff 4.0.6

From: "PXO????" <271193918 () qq com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 11:36:32 +0800

Hello oss-security,

I did some test and found three bugs refer to buffer overflow: one stack buffer overflow in thumbnail and two buffer
overflows in bmp2tiff.

Please let me know whether CVE Identifier number could be assigned.

Overview:

Running each poc file crashes thumbnail and bmp2tiff made with AddressSanitizer in tiff-4.0.6. I have attached poc and
log files .

Steps to Reproduce:

1) download the source code of tiff-4.0.6 from url (http://download.osgeo.org/libtiff/tiff-4.0.6.tar.gz) and compile it
with gcc AddressSanitizer
2) cd the directory where the bmp2tiff with Asan is and put a poc
3) run a poc file with bmp2tiff made with AddressSanitizer (ASan) in tiff-4.0.6
4) eg: ./bmp2tiff ./crashes/poc_745.bmp 1.tiff; ./bmp2tiff ./crashes/poc_775.bmp 1.tiff

Actual Results: The application thumbnail and bmp2tiff 4.0.6 crashed after run the poc. Asan detect crashes.