oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Thoughts about security of Linux distributor collaboration platforms, bugtrackers for opensource software

From: Florian Weimer <fw () deneb enyo de>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2016 13:22:09 +0100

* halfdog:

Data communicated in the final 2 weeks is secured but I am worried
about the 6 month centralized, structured and unencrypted
communication before that, which might be not so hard to tap into.

We generally avoid sitting on vulnerabilities for extended periods.

I doubt many open-source communities would turn away contributors
based on their employment or nationality.  I would find that extremely
discriminatory.  If people are willing to help, you welcome them, and
eventually, this can lead to sharing sensitive security information
with them.