oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request-HUAWEI P8 GRA-UL00

From: Shawn <citypw () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 01:30:24 +0800

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 8:56 PM, Solar Designer <solar () openwall com> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 02:56:41AM +0000, ?????? wrote:
Code below will lead P8 restart :

As a moderator, I reluctantly approved this, but I could not confirm
that the phone's software in question (a modified Linux kernel? or a
kernel module?) is Open Source.  If it is not, then this is off-topic
for oss-security.  Google web search for hi6402dbg did not find
anything, suggesting the code in question has not been published.

I've tested it on a very similar type: Huawei P8 Lite ALE-UL00 . It
ended up in an error 4 segfault, which typically caused by no page
being found in userspace. If it were cause the machine reboot, it
should be likely a highly customized libc/kernel.

--
GNU powered it...
GPL protect it...

regards