oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: BD-J implementation in libbluray

From: Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb () videolan org>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 18:36:48 +0200

On 24/09/2015 11:30, Florian Weimer wrote:
On 02/23/2015 09:56 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
Missing Java Security Manager sandboxing mechanism / feature in the
org.videolan.BDJLoader class

It was found that org.videolan.BDJLoader class implementation of
libbluray, a library to access Blu-Ray disks for video playback, was
missing Java Security Manager sandboxing.  A specially-crafted Java
application, utilizing the functionality of org.videolan.BDJLoader
class, could use this missing feature to perform actions as the user
running the Bluray player application.

Note: libbluray upstream disables BD-J support by default, but some
downstreams (like Fedora) pass --enable-bdjava at configure time,
enabling it for their distribution.

(This may affect proprietary BD-J implementations as well, I haven't
investigated this due to lack of hardware and documentation.)

Could we finally get a CVE ID for this?  Thanks.

Btw, aren't those security issues fixed now?

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734