oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Duplicate CVE: CVE-2015-7703 in NTP

From: Brad Knowles <brad () shub-internet org>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 17:30:23 -0500

On Oct 23, 2015, at 4:53 PM, Florian Weimer <fweimer () redhat com> wrote:

This is not the case.  <security () ntp org> was notified on 2015-08-20.
As the flaws were of low impact and there was no reaction, we disclosed
the issues here:

 <http://openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2015/08/25/3>

And I followed that up by taking your post from this list and forwarding that to security () ntp org on Tue Aug 25
15:42:13 UTC 2015.

If anyone has any security issues with NTP and you would like to discuss things with us privately, our current
daily-use operational key is:

sec   3072R/0066B2FD 2015-08-12 [expires: 2017-08-11]
      Key fingerprint = 0E21 6278 E81F 12C9 DD2A  AEF5 AE63 639D 0066 B2FD
uid                  NTP.org Security Team (2015 Daily Use Operational Key) <security () ntp org>
ssb   3072R/C17304B1 2015-08-12

I don't know what else we can do to avoid duplicates.

Good question.  Sometimes, you only discover after-the-fact that your XXX is someone else’s YYY, and so you have to be
prepared to deal with the occasional collision.

--
Brad Knowles <brad () shub-internet org>