oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Re: Duplicate Wireshark CVEs?

From: Stuart Henderson <stu () spacehopper org>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 10:22:07 +0100

On 2015/08/13 21:53, cve-assign () mitre org wrote:
Our perspective is that multiple sources, including the upstream
vendor, currently have an error in which wnpa-sec-2015-14 refers to
bug number 10844, and that the intended bug number for
wnpa-sec-2015-14 (after that error is corrected) is 10978. We will
check with the upstream vendor and see whether they can confirm that
bug number 10978 actually does refer to a non-identical security
problem that was addressed months after 10844.

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but I've noticed in the past
that Wireshark bug numbers are not permanent.