oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: siege: off-by-one in load_conf()

From: Agostino Sarubbo <ago () gentoo org>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 22:46:03 +0200

On Tuesday 14 July 2015 13:11:52 Seth Arnold wrote:
Does load_conf() process any information from any untrusted sources?
Has
Siege processed any data from the network at this point?
I don't know exactly, ask upstream.

This sounds like a regular bug rather than a security boundary, unless
I've > misunderstood the application.

Everyone has a security concept of the off-by-one. This is the reason
because I mentioned to assign a cve if for mitre is a valid request.

I filed the bug because it is the case of CWE-193.
Feel free to see it as a non-security impact major than a DoS/segfault.

--
Agostino Sarubbo
Gentoo Linux Developer