oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Remote file upload vulnerability in videowhisper-video-conference-integration wordpress plugin v4.91.8

From: "Larry W. Cashdollar" <larry0 () me com>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 16:23:38 -0400

Hello Folks,

You can get php execution by using the file extension .phtml for both of these advisories. I'm currently updating the
advisories and the vendor.

Try using an uncommon extension not defined in /etc/mime.types.

$ grep "#app" /etc/mime.types
#application/vnd.ms-pki.stl                                                     stl
#application/x-httpd-eruby                      rhtml
#application/x-httpd-php                        phtml pht php
#application/x-httpd-php-source                 phps
#application/x-httpd-php3                       php3
#application/x-httpd-php3-preprocessed          php3p
#application/x-httpd-php4                       php4
#application/x-httpd-php5                       php5