oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE Request: PHP SoapClient's __call() type confusion through unserialize()

From: Moritz Muehlenhoff <jmm () debian org>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 23:46:29 +0100

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 08:35:59PM +0100, Andrea Palazzo wrote:
Hi everyone,
I'd like to request a CVE for the PHP Sec Bug #69085.

SoapClient's __call() method is prone to a type confusion vulnerability
which can be used to gain remote code execution through unsafe unserialize()
calls.

Info:
https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=69085

I'm adding security () php net to CC and I think it should become good
practice on oss-security to keep them in CC for future PHP CVE requests.

There has been a recent blog posting by a member of the PHP team
(also CCed) on that topic:
https://liorkaplan.wordpress.com/2015/03/19/cve-assignment-without-upstream-knowledge/

Cheers,
        Moritz