oss-sec mailing list archives

CVE request: Joomla Google Maps Plugin

From: Hanno Böck <hanno () hboeck de>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 12:28:40 +0100

Hi,

Akamai is currently warning of old versions of a joomla google maps
plugin. Akamai advisory:
http://www.stateoftheinternet.com/resources-web-security-threat-advisories-2015-joomla-reflection-attack-ddos-for-hire.html

These vulns have not seen CVEs as far as I can see. They have been fixed
in 3.1. This is the developers announcement:
http://tech.reumer.net/Google-Maps/Documentation-of-plugin-Googlemap/security-release-3-1-of-plugin-googlemaps.html

And here are some more details:
http://cxsecurity.com/issue/WLB-2014020215

1 Denial of Service / reflection issue (this seems the one akamai is
most concerned about)
1 XML injection
2 XSS
1 path disclosure
1 anti automation (not sure this counts as a vulnerability)

I've added detection to freewvs [1] (which is btw a tool you might find
interesting, although its functionality overlaps with a similar tool
called pyfiscan and there are some preliminary plans to maybe merge the
development work of the two in the future).

[1] https://source.schokokeks.org/freewvs/

cu,
--
Hanno Böck