oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Summer bug cleaning - rpcbind -h option - REJECT CVE-2012-3541

From: Kurt Seifried <kseifried () redhat com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 23:15:29 -0700

So unfortunately I forgot that Linux has the loose IP matching, e.g.
from a local system packets will get delivered that maybe should not be,
that's just how things are. Redid my testing from a remote system and
confirmed I was wrong.

Please REJECT CVE-2012-3541, I have confirmed it behaves as expected,
annoyingly it does filter UDP, but not TCP, as the man page states (this
feature is a whole other discussion). Why the -h option only handles UDP
and not TCP... anyways.

--
PGP A90B F995 7350 148F 66BF 7554 160D 4553 5E26 7993