oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: GHOST gethostbyname() heap overflow in glibc (CVE-2015-0235)

From: Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac () debian org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 08:04:58 +0100

On mer., 2015-01-28 at 22:20 -0800, Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
If I was supposed to cry alarm, I would have to cry alarm every time
there is a buffer overflow in glibc, which doesn't seem very useful.

Actually, a quick git log --grep "buffer over" in glibc git doesn't
reveal that much of them (although in case of CVE-2015-0235 the upstream
commit message wasn't even talking of a buffer overflow).

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis