oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: setroubleshoot root exploit (CVE-Request)

From: Huzaifa Sidhpurwala <huzaifas () redhat com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:43:06 +0530

On 03/26/2015 12:31 PM, Sebastian Krahmer wrote:

As per list policy, here is the forward of the distros post. CRD was shifted
to today.

----- Forwarded message from Sebastian Krahmer <krahmer () suse de> -----

Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 09:46:10 +0100
From: Sebastian Krahmer <krahmer () suse de>
To: distros () vs openwall org
subject: ***UNCHECKED*** [vs] setroubleshoot root exploit (CVE-Request)

Hi

I already sent this to upstream. Initially I thought this only
affects redhat, but it seems that ubuntu is also using setroubleshoot.
CRD is 24.3.

setroubleshoot tries to find out which rpm a particular
file belongs to when it finds SELinux access violation reports.
The idea is probably to have convenient reports for the admin
which type enforcement rules have to be relaxed. setroubleshoot
runs as root (although in its own domain). In util.py
we have:

Previously CVE-2015-1815 as assigned on distros.

--
Huzaifa Sidhpurwala / Red Hat Product Security Team