oss-sec mailing list archives

CVE Request: Multiple XSS vulnerabilities in MantisBT

From: Damien Regad <dregad () mantisbt org>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 08:25:33 +0100

Greetings,

Please assign CVE IDs for the following 5 issues.

Thanks in advance

D. Regad
MantisBT Developer
http://www.mantisbt.org

1. XSS in extended project browser
==================================

MantisBT has two modes of operations to select the current project. The second of these, so-called the "extended project browser", is vulnerable to XSS attacks as the code did not check that a given subproject id is indeed an integer.

This allows an attacker to execute arbitrary Javascript code by forging the MantisBT project cookie.

Affected versions:
>= 1.1.0a1, <= 1.2.17

Fixed in versions:
1.2.18 (not yet released)

Patch:
See Github [1]

Credit:
Issue was discovered by Paul Richards and fixed by Paul Richards and Damien Regad.