oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CC'ing external lists/bugs

From: Jakub Wilk <jwilk () debian org>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 16:59:09 +0100

* Solar Designer <solar () openwall com>, 2014-11-27, 18:19:
On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 04:15:10AM +0000, Debian Bug Tracking System wrote:
Thank you for the additional information you have supplied regarding this Bug report.
[...]
Please do not send mail to owner () bugs debian org unless you wish to report a problem with the Bug-tracking system.

We have this problem when someone CC's a Debian bug on oss-security postings. (But somehow not all the time? Perhaps the Debian bug tracker has some rules for when not to notify of "the additional information"? Or was Reply-To or whatever set differently this time?)

The ack was here only because Reply-To was set to oss-security.

I can update the spam filter to catch and drop these before they get to the mailing list manager (and hence before moderation) - maybe I should.

I think this is way to go.

--
Jakub Wilk