oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Re: Location of OS security audit reports

From: Tracy Reed <treed () ultraviolet org>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 10:22:57 -0800

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 09:54:09AM PST, M.T. Roebuck spake thusly:
I see you're in Vietnam is there anything at all like a non-western
OS in use there? Or anywhere in that part of the world? I must be

I am not Vietnamese but I have spent a lot of time in Vietnam and occasionally
do business there.

No, there are no non-western OS in use there. It is pretty much all pirated
Windows. The hacker culture there is very small, nearly non-existent, although
the Saigon Linux User Group are very bright and capable albeit only maybe 4
regulars:

https://saigonlug.org/

I am not aware of any non-western operating systems in use anywhere in the
world. Even China cribbed Linux for their "Red Flag" (now defunct,
surprisingly) OS:

http://www.redflag-linux.com/en/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Flag_Linux

--