oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Fuzzing findings (and maybe CVE requests) - Image/GraphicsMagick, elfutils, GIMP, gdk-pixbuf, file, ndisasm, less

From: Jakub Wilk <jwilk () jwilk net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 19:06:01 +0100

* Hanno Böck <hanno () hboeck de>, 2014-11-17, 17:21:
I wasn't able to fuzz a crash out of 7z, arj, msgunfmt (gettext),

https://bugs.debian.org/763820
https://bugs.debian.org/769901

I don't remember the exact details, but I'm pretty sure it took at most a few hours of afl-fuzzing to find these crashers.

I'd consider "few hours of afl-fuzzing" not to be low hanging fruit, but opinions may differ on that (I'm currently only focusing on software where I get the crashers within minutes).

Fair enough.

But appart from that: The first bug is marked as fixed but no indication is given whether the fix went upstream.

It's fixed upstream:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gettext.git/commit/?id=28a02a6f4f41
(But for avoidance of doubt, this is NOT a vulnerability, just poor error handling.)

--
Jakub Wilk