oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Re: strings / libbfd crasher

From: Alexander Cherepanov <cherepan () mccme ru>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 03:50:30 +0300

On 2014-10-27 01:05, cve-assign () mitre org wrote:
There is currently no CVE ID for the
psa-dont-run-strings-on-untrusted-files.html "0xdeadbabe October 25,
2014 7:20 PM" comment about "another one related with PE file headers
parsing." In general, a separate discovery that's potentially
exploitable for code execution could have its own CVE ID. Does anyone
want a CVE ID for that?

I don't know whether it's the same crash or not but I've dug results of my older experiments with zzuf. Attached are two crasher for `objdump -x` -- one pe and one elf. elf also crashes `strings`. Sorry, not researched.

--
Alexander Cherepanov