oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Re: CVE-2014-6271: remote code execution through bash (3rd vulnerability)

From: Ed Prevost <me () edwardprevost info>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 06:41:41 -0700

On 9/29/2014 6:07 AM, Chet Ramey wrote:
On 9/29/14, 8:55 AM, Giles Coochey wrote:
On 29/09/2014 12:17, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
HI Chet, As you are aware, a sixth security issue has been discovered.
Due to the nature of the vulnerability, I believe that it's best to break
backward compatibility as done by FreeBSD and NetBSD until a proper patch
is developed. We are lucky to have security researchers reporting their
findings publicly. What about others that don't ? I strongly believe that
it's much safer to have it disabled, and have a complete and
comprehensive audit of the source code, and then re-enable it.
Am I the only one who is wondering: Who is paying Chet to do this?
Nobody is paying me to do this.

I have been praying for you since Wed, watching this list has made me
empathize for you greatly. Any chance you have a bitcoin or other
donations link somewhere?