oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE-2014-6271: remote code execution through bash

From: Chet Ramey <chet.ramey () case edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 17:41:04 -0400

On 9/26/14, 5:09 PM, Solar Designer wrote:

I have positive confirmation that this patch works, so here are patches for
bash versions bash-2.05b to bash-4.3.

I will probably push these out tomorrow.

Since these patches look final and are updating the bash patchlevel
number, is it OK for distros to use them as-is, with the patchlevel
number update already?

They are not yet on ftp.gnu.org.  BTW, I notice that your earlier
bash 2.05b patch isn't there, either.

I pushed them out; patches for bash-2.05b to bash-4.3 are in all the usual
places.  The distros can either use the ones I sent yesterday or the ones
from the FTP sites.

Chet

--
Chet Ramey, ITS, CWRU    chet () case edu    http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/