oss-sec mailing list archives

CVE request for vulnerability in OpenStack keystonemiddleware

From: Grant Murphy <gmurphy () redhat com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 21:35:31 +1000

A vulnerability was discovered in OpenStack (see below). In order to
ensure full traceability, we need a CVE number assigned that we can
attach to further notifications. This issue is already public, although an
advisory was not sent yet.

Title: TLS cert verification option not honoured in paste configs
Reporter: Qin Zhao (IBM)
Products: keystonemiddleware, python-keystoneclient
Versions: versions up to 1.1.1 (keystonemiddleware), versions up to 0.10.1
(python-keystoneclient)

Qin Zhao from IBM reported a vulnerability in keystonemiddleware (formerly
shipped as python-keystoneclient). When the 'insecure' SSL option is set in
a paste configuration file it is effectively ignored, regardless of its
value.  As a result certificate verification will be disabled, leaving TLS
connections open to MITM attacks. All versions of keystonemiddleware with
TLS settings configured via a paste.ini file are affected by this flaw.