oss-sec mailing list archives

CVE request for vulnerability in OpenStack Glance

From: Tristan Cacqueray <tristan.cacqueray () enovance com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 10:43:23 -0400

A vulnerability was discovered in OpenStack (see below). In order to
ensure full traceability, we need a CVE number assigned that we can
attach to further notifications. This issue is already public, although
an advisory was not sent yet.

Title: Glance store DoS through disk space exhaustion
Reporter: Thomas Leaman (HP), Stuart McLaren (HP)
Products: Glance
Versions: up to 2013.2.3 and 2014.1 to 2014.1.1

Thomas Leaman and Stuart McLaren from Hewlett Packard reported a
vulnerability in Glance. By uploading a large enough image to a Glance
store, an authenticated user may fill the store space because the
image_size_cap configuration option is not honored. This may prevent
further image upload and/or cause service disruption. Note that the
import method is not affected. All Glance setups using API v2 are
affected (unless you use a policy to restrict/disable image upload).