oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE's for intersection vulnerabilities

From: "Dolev Farhi" <dolevf () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 19:09:06 +0300

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 14:32:50 +0300, intrigeri <intrigeri () boum org> wrote:

Hi,

Kurt Seifried wrote (19 Jul 2014 00:33:38 GMT) :
So long story short: we have a program called sosreport that is used
to send system information back to Red Hat so we can help customers
troubleshoot their problems. It would appear we have three main
classes of (potential) security vulnerabilities:

The severity of these potential vulnerabilities may partly depend on
how well sosreport authenticates the server it sends information to.

Cheers,
--
intrigeri

Just wanna mention that sosreport is used by many companies other than red hat (e.g. a company may ask for an sosreport from their customers), i know that we use it to get environment data from customers.

--

/df

---