oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Re: Ansible CVE requests

From: Brian Harring <ferringb () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 11:37:16 -0400

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Florian Weimer <fweimer () redhat com> wrote:

On 07/02/2014 04:49 PM, cve-assign () mitre org wrote:

Additional CVE IDs (at least two) will be assigned for:

A. The 2014-06-25 ansible-announce "Ansible 1.6.5 - updated security
fix" message at
https://groups.google.com/forum/message/raw?msg=ansible-
announce/A1px5egCnGQ/jH6f5HM7kpkJ

I think the change in 1.6.5 was an attempt to fix a functionality
regression, not something that actually added restrictions to the sandbox.
 I am aware that this assessment is at odds with what upstream has stated,
so you might want to assign a CVE nevertheless.

The change in 1.6.5 was in response to new vulnerabilities I reported- it's
a separate CVE.

Thanks-
~brian