oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: MediaWiki releases 1.19.17, 1.21.11, 1.22.8 and 1.23.1

From: Chris Steipp <csteipp () wikimedia org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 17:03:33 -0700

Since the bug is public now
(http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-announce/2014-June/000155.html),
I didn't get a CVE in advance because I thought this was likely a
hardening fix. We couldn't find a way to exploit it to actually track
a user on our site. However, we kept it private until we released the
patch, since we weren't sure it couldn't be exploited on a wiki with
non-standard image handling.