oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: transparency on message moderation

From: Solar Designer <solar () openwall com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 15:32:59 +0400

On Sun, Jun 08, 2014 at 03:16:31PM -0400, Josh Bressers wrote:
general.  I also like to take this opportunity to thank Kurt Seifried,
Josh Bressers, and Vincent Danen for their help approving obviously
on-topic oss-security postings sometimes quicker than I do.

I can't take credit for this. I'm probably the worst list moderator ever.
It would certainly make sense to have someone replace me as a moderator,
probably not from Red Hat to help avoid any possible conspiracies.

Josh, I do recall you wanted to resign as a co-moderator a while ago,
and it makes sense for us to have a new co-moderator from neither
Openwall nor Red Hat, and preferably not from a for-profit Linux
company.  For example, someone from Debian or a *BSD could be OK, or
some active oss-security contributor who is not with any distro.

IIRC, a long while ago Henri Salo expressed an interest (in private
e-mail to me) in contributing to this sort of activities.  Henri, would
you like to help co-moderate oss-security - which currently means only
approving obviously-desirable messages, and leaving everything else to
me?  What are your current affiliations (e.g., any Linux distro)?