oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Re: CVE Request for KIO/kmail

From: Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac () debian org>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 20:29:21 +0200

On dim., 2014-06-15 at 16:55 +0100, Richard Moore wrote:
In the past when I've tried to use the cve-assign address it has basically
been a black hole. Since then I've either asked redhat or one of the other
OSS vendors for a CVE. I've used the distros () vs openwall org now as a
fallback.

I'd also note as part of the meta discussion that I'm not going to release
details of vulnerabilities to a public list  before the fix, and just
because someone asks for more details doesn't mean I will provide them.

May I ask why you're writing to the public oss-sec list instead of the
private distros one, then?
--
Yves-Alexis