oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: linux-distros membership

From: rf () q-leap de
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 11:56:19 +0100

"RF" == rf  <rf () q-leap de> writes:

"MM" == Moritz Muehlenhoff <jmm () debian org> writes:
    MM> We maintain the http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/kernel-sec/
    MM> repository which tracks all kernel vulnerabilities as soon as
    MM> they're public. That's a good base for every Debian-derived
    MM> distro with a modified kernel.

    RF> Sounds interesting. How am I supposed to extract information
    RF> from this page? Are there some docs about how to use it?

OK, think I got the basic idea. However, judging from a few CVE examples
on the site, it seems there is no time advantage in using this site as
compared to posts on this list. In fact the entries appear a couple of
days later in some cases. So I'm afraid this won't be of too much help
concerning the timing issue.

Roland