oss-sec mailing list archives

CVE-2013-6488: Jenkins fails to sanitize input before adding it to the page

From: Murray McAllister <mmcallis () redhat com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 13:02:03 +1100

Hi all,

We recently received a report from Teguh P. Alko about an issue affecting Jenkins. Input was not sanitized before adding it to the page. The fix is public here since the start of 2013:

https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/commit/f8d2a0ba6c2e261f48287bdd95bd7a2d7a8d2d0e

This could be used for copy and paste attacks, with the end result being similar to that of cross-site scripting attacks. It has been assigned CVE-2013-6488.

Please credit at least "Teguh P. Alko" in any advisories.

I am Cc'ing Reed to see if he knows who the other independent reporter is (from that Jira "SECURITY-46" bug in the above commit; as I understand it those bugs are not made public but I could be wrong).

Cheers,

--
Murray McAllister / Red Hat Security Response Team