oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: pyxtrlock

From: Leon Weber <leon () leonweber de>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:19:14 +0200

On 15.10.2013 12:04:43, Kurt Seifried wrote:
On 10/15/2013 07:14 AM, Leon Weber wrote:
Do you think this isn't CVE worthy, or was the request just lost
between other work? :-)

Sorry, meant to reply, forgot. This was the one where I was wondering
how many people us it. Debian doesn't ship it, nor does Red Hat,
Fedora. When I searched it in Google it tries to correct me to
"xtrlock", and for the term I get 644 results, so I'm thinking this
falls into the "not enough people use it to make a CVE worthwhile"
category, is that correct, or is there a large user pool/other factors
 I'm unaware of?

No other factors, I think. We have received feedback and bug reports
once in a while from a couple of people, so my best guess from that
is a userbase of 10-100 people; but I can't really tell.

Thanks for the reply, though. I simply wasn't sure if project size
matters for CVE worthiness :-)

    -- Leon.