oss-sec mailing list archives

CVE Request: dropbear sshd daemon 2013.59 release

From: Marcus Meissner <meissner () suse de>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 15:27:07 +0200

Hi folks, hi Matt,

https://matt.ucc.asn.au/dropbear/CHANGES seems to have two CVE worth entries.

Version 2013.59 - Friday 4 October 2013

has this changes entry:
- Limit the size of decompressed payloads, avoids memory exhaustion denial
  of service
  Thanks to Logan Lamb for reporting and investigating it

  Source code fix for this is seems to be:
  https://secure.ucc.asn.au/hg/dropbear/rev/0bf76f54de6f

It also has this changes entry which might need one:
- Avoid disclosing existence of valid users through inconsistent delays
  Thanks to Logan Lamb for reporting

  https://secure.ucc.asn.au/hg/dropbear/rev/a625f9e135a4

Matt, if you are interested in requesting CVEs in the future
for security relevant fixes, feel free to contact us.
(Kurt, I looked for your howto, but my googlefu today is weak.)

Ciao, Marcus