oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE Request: Insecure Software Download in pip

From: Donald Stufft <donald () stufft io>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 13:23:14 -0400

On Jul 31, 2013, at 4:11 AM, Kurt Seifried <kseifried () redhat com> wrote:

Ok I have no info on that CVE, is it embargoed? I can't find it in
google after a quick search. I need to see that one before I can
assign anything. As for the reserved thing:

This CVE has been fixed, and it is for the issue where pip prior to 1.3 did not download
from the central repository using TLS

https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2013-1629

So back to the question of mirroring, possible to get a CVE for that now? :)

Donald Stufft