oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: KDE Paste Applet

From: Michael Samuel <mik () miknet net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 10:02:38 +1000

Ok, so the fix for this uses KRandom::random()...

I suggest leaving the KDE Paste fix as-is and replacing KRandom with
something that just fills an integer from /dev/urandom - then we can save a
few CVE numbers for the rest of the year.

qrand() should probably also do the same, especially since cnonces for HTTP
auth are using it - that means there's only 2^32 (at best) possible
cnonces...

Regards,
  Michael