oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE-2013-2145: perl Module::Signature code execution vulnerability

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg () fifthhorseman net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 14:51:37 -0400

On 06/05/2013 02:24 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:

Speaking as a CPAN author, the second would be awesome.  For bonus points,
once one registers a key with CPAN, CPAN could then even check one's
uploads and disallow uploads that aren't signed with the proper key.

As another CPAN contributor (though much less prolific than Russ), i
also think this would be great.

And wearing my hat as a member of the debian perl module packaging team,
i would be very happy to see this level of author-specific cryptographic
integrity checks when were updating packages from CPAN.  I suspect we
have enough people interested in this within the debian pkg-perl to
build in automated checks against these certifications during debian
packaging as well.

Thanks for continuing to maintain such a great archive of useful, free code.

        --dkg