oss-sec mailing list archives

Any info on dovecot CVE-2010-0535?

From: Michael Gilbert <mgilbert () debian org>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 21:29:43 -0400

I'm in the process of reviewing some older untriaged issues in the
Debian security tracker.  I came across this Apple id (CVE-2010-0535)
in dovecot.  Being Apple advisory, there is absolutely no useful
information included, but based on the text, the issue is dependent on
Kerberos.

I found no other dovecot CVEs involving Kerberos, so the question I
have is whether this is still currently an unfixed issue affecting
dovecot?  Was it Apple-specific?  Generally, what can be done by
distro security teams about issues with no actionable information?
Would Mitre be willing to nudge Apple for information?

Best wishes,
Mike