oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request - Linux kernel: VFAT slab-based buffer overflow

From: Eugene Teo <eugeneteo () kernel sg>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 11:26:34 +0800

The linux-distros/oss-sec members can make sure that each issue gets
CVE
and it's properly publicly communicated at the right time (preferably
when the issue is public -- when it is committed).

Should you consider this approach, is there anything I can help with to
make that happen?

Yes, I need someone to actually do this.  There used to be a Red Hat
security team member that did this, or so I thought.

That was most probably Eugene Teo, he's no longer in Red Hat. I am not
subscribed to security () kernel org.

I heard my name being mentioned. I used to do all that background work but
I can't afford to do this full-time anymore. It's not easy but definitely
do-able. It can be rather tiring too. Someone needs to be proactive, and
make this happen. Petr has worked with me for a few years, and I think he
can do this.

I also want to bring back my cve-tagged kernel tree. I'm willing to work
with any distro's security team who is willing to supply me with the CVE
names, and the relevant commits/references. Talk to me if you are
interested...

Eugene