oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Linux kernel handling of IPv6 temporary addresses

From: P J P <ppandit () redhat com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 18:43:26 +0530 (IST)

+-- On Thu, 17 Jan 2013, George Kargiotakis wrote --+
| Extensions as far as I know. On your RHEL it's '0' and that's why you
| weren't seeing any 'ipv6_create_tempaddr' as previously mentioned on your
| emails. If you change this value to '2' you'll also see those kernel
| messages.

  Yep, worked! I manged to reproduce the log messages. So the patch earlier
does seem to fix this issue, doesn't it? It avoids retry once reaching the
max_addresses limit.

For the dynamic tentative settings of the interface, I think another patch
would be required.

Thanks so much!
--
Prasad J Pandit / Red Hat Security Response Team
DB7A 84C5 D3F9 7CD1 B5EB  C939 D048 7860 3655 602B