oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE-2012-2248: isc-dhcp, Debian-specific: build path included in PATH

From: Henri Salo <henri () nerv fi>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 23:34:14 +0300

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 02:19:06PM -0600, Kurt Seifried wrote:
Part of it also depends on usage. Google labels everything as a Beta,
sometimes for years and with millions of users. My experience is a lot
of people use Debian unstable (when I used Debian I did, otherwise
everything was to boring =). What would be interesting is if you could
provide download statistics from the main site. I know for a fact
CVE's have been assigned for publicly released applications that are
probably in use by less than 100 or in extreme cases possibly less
than 10 people globally.

I use stable. Usually one can't easily say how many users there is for package x. :)

- Henri Salo