oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE Request: KDE Pim

From: Vincent Danen <vdanen () redhat com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 11:47:59 -0600

* [2012-07-13 10:41:33 -0600] Kurt Seifried wrote:

On 07/13/2012 06:25 AM, Marc Deslauriers wrote:
Hello,

Could a CVE please be assigned to the following issue:

Javascript and external images were being loaded while rendering
HTML email in kmail. The downloaded Javascript was then being
interpreted.

See:

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdepim/repository/revisions/dbb2f72f4745e00f53031965a9c10b2d6862bd54

 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdepim/+bug/1022690

Thanks,

Marc.

This seems like a security hardening issue to me, but I'm not a KDE
person so did kdepim advertise itself as not executing JavaScript/etc?

Doing some digging, it looks like this was introduced in kdepim 4.4, and
would not affect earlier versions.  Can anyone confirm this?

I'm cc'ing Laurent Montel who made the commit, and who should be able to
shed some light as to when the vulnerability was introduced, and also
answer Kurt's question above.

Laurent, any information you can provide would be appreciated.

--
Vincent Danen / Red Hat Security Response Team