oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: opencryptoki insecure lock files handling

From: Raphael Geissert <geissert () debian org>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 23:50:44 -0500

On Thursday 20 September 2012 09:10:14 Tomas Hoger wrote:
Ok, so I think we need 1 CVE for the two insecure temporary file uses,
unless we want to split each temporary file issue under a separate
CVE.  I don't believe there's a real need to assign CVE for 2.4.1
(which did not improve things on systems with world writable /var/lock)
or 2.4.2 (which re-opens the attack for pkcs11 group members on systems
with restricted /var/lock, but improves things on systems with world
writable /var/lock).

I think two ids is more appropriate given that the issue isn't fixed in 2.4.1
for systems with world writable /var/lock. 2.4.2, on the other hand, covers
boths scenarios (given that pkcs11 group membership is already considered
root-equivalent.)

Regards,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer