oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: TORQUE Munge Authentication Security Bypass

From: Kurt Seifried <kseifrie () redhat com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 09:59:45 -0700

On 01/05/2012 02:20 AM, Agostino Sarubbo wrote:
Please assign a CVE for this issue.
reference: https://secunia.com/advisories/47381/

Thanks
Correct form of CVE request:

-------------------
According to Secunia https://secunia.com/advisories/47381/  "The
vulnerability is caused due to an unspecified error when using munge
authentication and can be exploited to impersonate other users."

http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/resources/docs/torque/3-0-3/changelog.php#259

From changelog: b - Change so user cannot impersonate a different user
when using munge.

This affects Torque 2.5.8 and is fixed n Torque 2.5.9. Torque 2.5.9 was
released on Nov 5, 2011
(http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/resources/downloads/torque/)

-------------------

Ideally then you'd also post a link to the source code change. Depending
on the availability of an upstream advisory/etc. this isn't always
necessary.

Important note: In future I will not be assigning CVE's for postings of
just the Secunia URL, you need to include more information as mentioned
above so that a) I can research and verify the issue and b) to reduce
the chance of duplicates and c) assign the correct year.

Please use CVE-2011-4925 for this issue.

--

-- Kurt Seifried / Red Hat Security Response Team