oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: PostfixAdmin SQL injections and XSS

From: Kurt Seifried <kseifried () redhat com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:15:27 -0700

On 01/26/2012 04:07 AM, Christian Boltz wrote:
Hello,

we (the upstream PostfixAdmin developers) received a report about SQL
injections and XSS in PostfixAdmin.

Please assign a CVE number to those issues.

The issues are fixed in PostfixAdmin 2.3.5, which I'll release today or
tomorrow.

For reference, here's the changelog with all details:

  - fix SQL injection in pacrypt() (if $CONF[encrypt] == 'mysql_encrypt')
  - fix SQL injection in backup.php - the dump was not mysql_escape()d,
    therefore users could inject SQL (for example in the vacation message)
    which will be executed when restoring the database dump.
    WARNING: database dumps created with backup.php from 2.3.4 or older might
             contain malicious SQL. Double-check before using them!
  - fix XSS with $_GET[domain] in templates/menu.php and edit-vacation
  - fix XSS in some create-domain input fields
  - fix XSS in create-alias and edit-alias error message
  - fix XSS (by values stored in the database) in fetchmail list view,
    list-domain and list-virtual
  - create-domain: fix SQL injection (only exploitable by superadmins)
  - add missing $LANG['pAdminDelete_admin_error']
  - don't mark mailbox targets with recipient delimiter as "forward only"
  - wrap hex2bin with function_exists() - PHP 5.3.8 has it as native function

So basically we have two sets of vulnerabilities: multiple SQL
injections and multiple XSS vulnerabilities, correct?

Gruß

Christian Boltz

--
Kurt Seifried Red Hat Security Response Team (SRT)