oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE-request: golismero symlink vulnerability

From: Kurt Seifried <kseifried () redhat com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 14:01:26 -0700

On 01/17/2012 11:28 AM, Henri Salo wrote:
User-triggered update-mechanism is vulnerable to symlink-attack in all GoLismero-versions before revision
2b3bb43d6867. Vulnerable code was in ./libs/updater.py, which I rewrote.

Vulnerable versions:
- GoLISMERO_last.zip (Nov 14, 2011)
- GoLISMERO_v0.6.3.zip (Nov 9, 2011)
- All Git-revisions before 2b3bb43d6867

Reported to author: 2011-11-17
Fixed by me: 2012-01-17
Link to the commit: http://code.google.com/p/golismero/source/detail?r=2b3bb43d68676efd687361f7de29380189031ab8

I fixed this, because developer had lack of time. I am asking for CVE, because this software is used in backtrack
where golismero is executed as root-user.

Should get 2012 ID as this was publicly announced 2012-01-17. I haven't read all the code yet so there might be other
issues too. I am not the original developer, but helped a bit after I found this vulnerability.

- Henri Salo
Good request! Please use CVE-2012-0054 for this issue.

--

-- Kurt Seifried / Red Hat Security Response Team