oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE-request: WordPress 3.1.1

From: Hanno Böck <hanno () hboeck de>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 15:32:48 +0100

Am Sun, 15 Jan 2012 16:09:14 +0200
schrieb Henri Salo <henri () nerv fi>:

If I am correct these WordPress issues are missing CVEs. I checked
from MITREs CVE-list and tried Google. Needs two 2011 CVE.

1) Certain unspecified input is not properly sanitised before being
returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML
and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected
site. http://osvdb.org/show/osvdb/72141

I think this is CVE-2012-0287:
http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2012-0287

2) The "make_clickable()" function in wp-includes/formatting.php does
not properly check the URL length in comments before passing it to
the PCRE library, which can be exploited to cause a crash.
http://osvdb.org/show/osvdb/72142

http://wordpress.org/news/2011/04/wordpress-3-1-1/
http://secunia.com/advisories/44038/
http://seclists.org/cert/2011/63

Don't know if this got one, too.

--
Hanno Böck              mail/jabber: hanno () hboeck de
GPG: BBB51E42           http://www.hboeck.de/