oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Disputing CVE-2011-4122

From: Kurt Seifried <kseifried () redhat com>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 14:53:46 -0700

The documentation you linked to above is for LinuxPAM, not OpenPAM.
They're different systems and the bug only affects OpenPAM.

--Jeff

Right, my thought/comment is more around the point that this isn't
defined in general very well anywhere (that I can find, and I assume
OpenPAM and Linux PAM are going to implement things in a roughly similar
manner) and that it probably should be defined better. In the meantime
though it is likely that restrictions/filtering can be implemented but
it needs to be done carefully since there is the potential for weirdness.

--

-Kurt Seifried / Red Hat Security Response Team