oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: piwik before 1.6

From: Henri Salo <henri () nerv fi>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 10:04:25 +0300

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 02:41:17PM -0400, Josh Bressers wrote:
The advisory just says there are a bunch of security fixes by all these
people, with no actual information. Such vagueness is only going to create
confusion, which will create extra work for me if I try to assign IDs to
such an advisory.

Now there is information in the URI.

Facts:

- Affect all Piwik users that have let granted some access to the "anonymous" user
- Remotely exploitable vulnerability that could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code
- Versions affected Piwik 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4
- Credits: Neal Poole

These details should be enough information for CVE assignment. I can also verify this issue if you want for every
version? If there isn't enough details I can dig more :)

Best regards,
Henri Salo